Typically, a Full time Native Speaking Teacher (NST) at the Language School will work up to 30 hours per week over five days. This consists of about 23 hours of actual teaching hours and about 7 hours of preparation or administrative hours in the office. The average Class Size is between 15 and 20 students between Kindergarten and High School ages. Teachers are supplied with books and lesson outlines, and therefore teachers do not need to bring their own materials. It is up to the English teacher on how to teach the lesson and to plan activities around the lesson plan.
Salary per month: 15,000 to 18,000 RMB
– 5000RMB Flight Allowance
– 2000RMB Visa Allowance
– 5000RMB Completion Bonus
– Comprehensive Medical Insurance
– Arrival assistance & Airport Pickup
– 1 month accommodation on arrival
– Training &Professional Development
– Z Work Visa on within a month of arrival
Applicants must have:
– Bachelor’s Degree (or higher)
– 120 hour TEFL/TESOL/TESL/CELTA Certificate
– Fulfill a Government-Approved Medical Exam
– Criminal Background check
Need a CELTA certificate? IH Cape Town can assist.